Monthly Archives: February 2014

Install Client action is disabled for unsupported value

Hi All, recently i was at a customer and noticed one event viewer quite annoying Level: Error Source: Critial EventID: 3 Data: Install Client action is disabled for unsupported value of ResoruceType, ClientType or Unknown The interesting thing was on the smsadminui.log [25, PID:5284][11/15/2013 09:55:18] :Install Client action is disabled for unsupported value of ResoruceType, ClientType or Unknown but why this was happening was not clear for me, until my fellow friend MVP Jason Sandys guesses that this would be when you right clicking on a resource in the console so that it knows whether or not to enable the install client option on the context menu. Because of the ribbon bar, it may happen on normal left click selection also. I went and checked this and for some reason it did no happened again, however, as i was doing some OS Deployment tests, i had a “Unknown” record and…

SCCM 2012 – Non-Compliant

Hi All, Have you ever needed to know which computer is in a non-compliance state for a baseline? Well..there are 2 options. Option 1 is the open reports (Monitoring->Reports->Compliance and Settings Management->Summary compliance by Configuration Baseline) and then drill down to see what machines are not compliant… Another option is to create a collection, and the best option to do it is on the Deployments tab for the Baseline, select the deployment you want, right click, select create new collection and select non-compliant and follow the wizard. All steps are easy, isn’t it? but if you have many deployments and don’t want create a collection for it? or if you don’t want create a collection even if you have only 1 deployment? and let’s face the fact..opening the report will take too much of our time… based on this, i’ve created a powershell script as well as a console extension…

SCCM 2012 – Scan failed with error = 0x80244019

Hi All, recently i was at a customer and one of the client machines were getting the following error (looking at the WUAHandler.log) when trying to initiate the Software Update scan cycle: OnSearchComplete – Failed to end search job. Error = 0x80244019. Scan failed with error = 0x80244019 using CMTrace, i discovered that the error 0x80244019 means Same as HTTP status 404 – the server cannot find the requested URI (Uniform Resource Identifier). I went back to the server and checked everything. I did not noticed anything wrong with it. The IIS was there, working fine. Other machines were connecting to it and getting updates. As the customer had other name resolution problems, i thought that this could be something down to the name resolution (FQDN) and/or proxy/firewall. checking the proxy settings did not make any difference. I even followed the KB900935 – How the Windows Update client determines which…

SCCM 2012 – CM12R2RegistrationRequest

Hi All, while ago, i created the ConfigMgrRegistrationRequest . This tool was written in C# and used the beta/RC version of the CM12 SP1 SDK. Since then, i started to move all my scripts from any language (vbscript, c#, etc) to powershell and today i’m happy to announce the beta version of the CM12R2RegistrationRequest. If you don’t know what this tool is, let me explain: This tool allow you create fake clients in the configuration manager enviornment. but you may be thinking why someone wants that? Easy.. 1- size of your database 2- test reports 3- load Once you run the tool, it will open a file called Import.csv (where you need to change the domain, site code, ip address, etc) and create a new record for each new PC. It will also send a DDR, request policy and send a test hardware inventory. As you may notice, there are…

Unable to Add Windows Server Update Services role

Hi All, recently i was at a customer site to add the SUP role on a WS2012R2 box and when i was trying to add the Windows Server Update Services, it was failing. every time i got the error The request to add or remove features on the specified server failed. The operation cannot be completed, because the server that you specified requires a restart. The first couple of times, i rebooted as i tough that could be something related as i was doing some other changes, but after that i noticed that it was not it. Event viewer, under Setup, was giving me the error: Update UpdateServices of package UpdateServices-CoreService-Package failed to be turned on. Status: 0x80070bc9 And looking at the error, i discovered this: The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to roll back changes made. i did a bit of research, i discovered that the…