I migrated a few machines using ADMT 3.1 from a source Domain A.local to target Domain B.net
I had a few errors with the Agent and it took me a long time to find the solution.
It looked like a DNS issue, as it is the most common cause for failed ADMT agent operations.
The error was ERR3: 7075 (“ERR3:7075 Failed to change domain affiliation”), which drove me to this KB – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929493
But that was not the solution, as the problem was caused by a specific setting on the Server 2008 Domain Controller policies.
1. The solution: Log on to a Windows Server 2008-based domain controller.
2. Click Start, click Run, type gpmc.msc, and then click OK.
3. In the Group Policy Management console, expand Forest: DomainName, expand DomainName, expand Domain Controllers, right-click Default Domain Controllers Policy, and then click Edit.
4. In the Group Policy Management Editor console, expand Computer Configuration, expand Policies, expand Administrative Templates, expand System, click Net Logon, and then double-click Allow cryptography algorithms compatible with Windows NT 4.0.
5. In the Properties dialog box, click the Enabled option, and then click OK.