A week ago (on the 15th Oct 2014) an update was released for SCEP 2010. I know, I know, better late than never. I have been privy to a few situations where SCCM was installed but this update wasn’t applied.
There are a few gotchas as always when it comes to this update and you will need to make sure that you are at least the following configuration
– CU 1 or later for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
– CU 5 or later for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
– SP 2 for System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Update Rollup 1 for Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010, and update 2952678 for Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010
So what’s been improved?
– Improved scanning for MBR/VBR detections and advanced bootkits
– Dynamic registry key hardening to counter tampering from malware
– Disk space optimization for Low end devices
– Shortening fallback time to ADL for signatures
You can download the update from here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2998627