EM+S – Introduction
I’m today starting a series of posts about EM+S (or Enterprise Mobility + Security), so hope you’ll enjoy.
Anyway, the world is in constant change, and device management is also changing all the time. Control of devices as we have done in the past may no longer be necessary. To add more complexity, you also need to manage mobile devices. However, users need some mobility and flexibility to perform their day-to-day tasks while you want to keep the device and/or data as secure as possible.
Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) is the Microsoft solution for this new world. This platform consists of the following five pillars, and each one comprised of one or more Microsoft cloud technologies:
- Identity and access management – Azure Active Directory
- Information protection – Azure Information Protection, Office 365 Information Protection, Windows Information Protection and Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Threat protection – Microsoft Azure Sentinel, Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection, Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection, Azure Advanced Threat Protection, Microsoft Cloud App Security, Azure Security Center and Azure Active Directory
- Unified endpoint management – Microsoft Intune
- Cloud access security broker – Azure Active Directory
So many technologies in constant evolution and getting a better integration every day. EMS has lots of capabilities to help both sides, you and your end-users to achieve your organisation goals.
In this series of posts I hope you will understand all the steps necessary for this new world, and so, the following technologies will be covered:
- Azure Active Directory
- Office 365
- Microsoft Intune