SCCM 2012 R2 and MDT 2013 – UDI (Locale)

SCCM 2012 R2 and MDT 2013 – UDI (Locale)
5 (100%) 2 votes

Hi All,

1 of my clients is using SCCM 2012 R2 with MDT 2013 for the UDI (User driven installation).

The UDI is really simple, ask name of the computer, OU/Domain, User primary user as well as language. As you can see here, UDI does not format the PC.

Based on this, we created a new UDI XML file and changed the default unattended.xml to add the UDI variables to the new OS.

We changed/added the following from en-us for the code it was

<InputLocale>%KeyboardLocale%</InputLocale>
<SystemLocale>%UserLocale%</SystemLocale>
<UILanguage>%UILanguage%</UILanguage>
<UserLocale>%UserLocale%</UserLocale>

the problem is when we apply the XML file, it did not change the keyboard and locale to our test location (UK), instead, it kept en-us.

searching, we found a blog post for MDT 2012 Update 01 from Cameron (you can find the post here) and applying the workaround fixed the issue.

after that, i found that the MDT 2013 documentation (that can be downloaded from here), does have a section explaining this bug:
MDT 2013 Release Notes.docx

Known Issues
• For UDI deployments, as described in Known Issues for UDI Deployments

UDI Wizard hides No Data option on User State page in Capture Mode
====
The time and currency language format is not configured
The time and currency language format is not configured properly on a target computer, even though the correct language was selected in the Time and currency format (Locale) list on the Language UDI Wizard page. This issue can be caused by an error in the UDIWizard.wsf file. The UDIWizard.wsf file is located in the mdt_files\Scripts folder (where mdt_files is the folder that is the source for the MDT files package that the task sequence uses).
WORKAROUND: To correct the error in the UDIWizard.wsf file, perform the following steps:
a. Edit the UDIWizard.wsf file, which resides in the mdt_files\Scripts folder (where mdt_files is the folder that is the source for the MDT files package that the task sequence uses).
b. Remove the following line from the UDIWizard.wsf file:
oEnvironment.Item(“UserLocale”) = oEnvironment.Item(“InputLocale”)
Note The text listed above is one line in the UDIWizard.wsf file. Any line wrapping is caused by the formatting constraints of the document.
c. Save the UDIWizard.wsf file.
d. Update the distribution points with the modified version of the MDT files package that contains the updated UDIWizard.wsf file.
====
Applications do not appear after added

hope this was helpful

Tags:

Recent Posts

Comments are closed.
%d bloggers like this: