udi

SCCM 2012 R2 and MDT 2013 – UDI

Hi All, 1 of my clients is using SCCM 2012 R2 with MDT 2013 for the UDI (User driven installation). The UDI is really simple, ask name of the computer, OU/Domain, User primary user as well as language. As you can see here, UDI does not format the PC. Based on this, we created a new UDI XML file and created our task sequence with the 1st step when in winpe is to format the disk. The problem start after the UDI Wizard runs, as it clear the OSDisk variable. After this, you’ll see the error¬†The parameter is incorrect. (Error: 80070057; Source: Windows) when trying to apply the OS as i described here Looking at the MDT code, i found that if the OSDDiskpart is set to TRUE, mdt will clear the OSDisk Variable and if it is set to anything else, it will get the value from¬†OSDTargetDrive. Easy enough…

SCCM 2012 R2 and MDT 2013 – UDI (Locale)

Hi All, 1 of my clients is using SCCM 2012 R2 with MDT 2013 for the UDI (User driven installation). The UDI is really simple, ask name of the computer, OU/Domain, User primary user as well as language. As you can see here, UDI does not format the PC. Based on this, we created a new UDI XML file and changed the default unattended.xml to add the UDI variables to the new OS. We changed/added the following from en-us for the code it was <InputLocale>%KeyboardLocale%</InputLocale> <SystemLocale>%UserLocale%</SystemLocale> <UILanguage>%UILanguage%</UILanguage> <UserLocale>%UserLocale%</UserLocale> the problem is when we apply the XML file, it did not change the keyboard and locale to our test location (UK), instead, it kept en-us. searching, we found a blog post for MDT 2012 Update 01 from Cameron (you can find the post here) and applying the workaround fixed the issue. after that, i found that the MDT 2013 documentation (that…