wsus

SCCM – Updated E-book SCCM Administration v3

Hi All, my updated SCCM e-book has finally been released. It took some time to write up and test. With 130 pages divided in 37 chapters, you’ll find lots of good info about starting with SCCM. And it is free… In this version, I removed Linux related topics, Updated Windows 10 to 1709, added sections for Cloud Management Gateway (CMG), Windows 10 Express updates, SCCM Data warehouse, Office 365 Installer, Windows 10 Update Readiness, Pending Reboot, updated some other section for SCCM 1710 and updated/added some powershell scripts To download, click here. let me know if you have any feedback

SCCM 2012 R2 and SP1 February 2015 anti-malware platform update for Endpoint Protection Clients

Players, If you’re on SCCM 2012 R2 or SP1, you’ll have noticed (depending on your WSUS sync schedule) a new version of SCEP that became available this week. We’re now on version 4.7.205.0 The update contains the following improvements: The following configuration settings are updated in the ADMX templates: DisableAutoExclusions SubmitSamplesConsent UILockdown Improvements to registry and file system protection to counter tampering from malware. Sub-mount points can be automatically excluded, and volumes can be fully excluded in Real time protection (RTP). This update also includes the deprecation of the DisableGenericReports subkey in the following registry location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Reporting NOTE: You need to be on at least CU1 of SCCM 2012 R2 or CU 5 for SCCM 2012 SP1. Please refer to this link (where I got the info from for this post) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3036437 Enjoy Heinrich Pelser

SCCM 2012 – SUP – Error: There was an error downloading the software update. (12152)

Hi All, recently i was at a customer site installing SCCM 2012 R2 and i had an issue downloading some updates… The steps were simple. as it was the 1st time, i’ve created an Software Update Group with all Windows 7 updates already released and tried to download it to a deployment package… The wizard was telling me that some updates failed to download with error: There was an error downloading the software update. (12152) and of course, a long list of updates where bellow it. the 1st i thought it was internet/proxy problem, however, there was no proxy involved and i could navigate to the internet without any problem… looking at the patchdownloader.log (it can be under %temp%, C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp or \Logs) i saw the following Checking machine config Software Updates Patch Downloader 19/03/2014 09:03:23 5472 (0x1560) Cert revocation check is disabled so cert revocation list will not be checked….

SCCM 2012 – Software Updates

Hi All, Today I’m going to talk a bit aobut software updates. As you may be aware, softwre update is a “simple” task however, the process behind the software update can be a bit complex. And the reason is simple, what happen if I do this? Well…i don’t want this post to be dealt as “best practices” but a guidance on how to do software update and the reason is simple, many people know how to do, but always want a bit more guidance on what would be better….and remember…not best practices. I always refuse to talk about best practices because it always depends. Let’s imagine the scenario where you have a remote site with 3k users. Should you put a local DP there? maybe a secondary site? Let’s assume that as best practices, you would add a distribution point, but on this scenario, every single server should only be…

SCCM 2012 – Scan failed with error = 0x80244019

Hi All, recently i was at a customer and one of the client machines were getting the following error (looking at the WUAHandler.log) when trying to initiate the Software Update scan cycle: OnSearchComplete – Failed to end search job. Error = 0x80244019. Scan failed with error = 0x80244019 using CMTrace, i discovered that the error 0x80244019 means Same as HTTP status 404 – the server cannot find the requested URI (Uniform Resource Identifier). I went back to the server and checked everything. I did not noticed anything wrong with it. The IIS was there, working fine. Other machines were connecting to it and getting updates. As the customer had other name resolution problems, i thought that this could be something down to the name resolution (FQDN) and/or proxy/firewall. checking the proxy settings did not make any difference. I even followed the KB900935 – How the Windows Update client determines which…